Hayman Reese 05550 Compact Remote Mount Brake Control
The Hayman Reese 05550 Compact Brake Control is compact enough to be installed with space in mind.
The controls are mounted in the dash of the vehicle, with the main control unit mounted out of sight. There are few tools needed to carry out the installation, with a drill, crimp tool, wire cutter and circuit tester all you need to complete the job.
Features & Benefits:
- Compact size
- Electric trailer brake control for 1-3 axles
- Plug & Play feature allows for quick and easy connection with the Hayman Reese Smartclick brake control harness
- Unique "Sync" adjustment for towing different trailers
- Flexible and neat mounting options
- Green LED indicator monitors a secure connection with your trailer
- 3 year limited warranty
- Remote mount ensures no issues with hitting the brake control unit or damaging it, whilst moving in your vehicle
- Remote mount is less likely to interfere with any airbag deployment zones, eg. knee or lower leg
As with all Hayman Reese brake controls, there is an output control and manual override switch, however in the case of the Compact the output controls also double as an override switch, saving further on valuable space. Pushing the outpot power knub in will apply the brakes to the trailer only (at the set level) and also activate the vehicle's brake lights.
The Hayman Reese Compact also has the addition of a "Sync Control" dial, giving the user more control and safety when applying trailer brakes. The "Sync Control" may be adjusted for individual driver preference or changing road conditions. When the brake is pressed, the pre-determined "Sync Control" determines brake aggressiveness or the time i ttakes to reach the full brake output voltage as set by the output power control: from less aggressive/more time, to more aggressive/less time.